Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

I want to sue a company that i am working with them 9 years ago, t

Customer Question

HI, i want to sue a company that i am working with them 9 years ago, this company is a manufacture wireless link company, and i entered them in my market and in my customers, and now they are trying to enter a competitor to my customer, the deals i am doing with them about 200 K US per year, and the damage they are doing to me is about 3 Million dollar per year in 3 years, and i want to know if i can go for this sue or not, my company is out of USA, and the manufacture company is based in USA
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
I read your facts but am not sure what your theory for suing them would be, could you explain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the point is i must have a protection from this company on my customer that i promote their devices to them, and i pay a lot of money and effort and buy devices to make a business developement, and i have to return all those investment when the market start to open, and if my customer or a competitor want to enter my terrotery, they must refuse and sell their products to me only inorder to protect my investment, and i have NDA and an emails with them through the previous 9 years shows how much we invest in our market, and how much the orders we get, and when a big company found that the market is opened with a specific customer that we have a protection from our manfacture over it, so this big company start to communicate with my manufacture to sell to my customer, so my manufacture must not sell them, as i done all the business development and pay a lot to access to this customer and to make this manufacture succeed in this customer
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you have a non-compete agreement with them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, i have a protection document which i enabled and i have a formal emails from my manufacture to my customer informing him that i am exclusive for this customer, but when another company start to tell them that i will do a big order for this customer, so the are supporting the other company, while i done all the business development and still doing that till today.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
I understand your facts now, what question can I answer for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need to sue this manufacture as they spoil my end customer and my market and will loss not less than 3 Million dollar per year, so i need to know how much i have to go to court for this, and how much it will cost me to do this sue, and do i have a chance to win this situation, or the law is not justify.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
i need to know how much i have to go to court for this
I'm not sure what you mean by this, I need you to reword/rephrase it if you will.
how much it will cost me to do this sue
I can't tell you that for sure since it depends on a lot of different factors, how ever it would be rare for a business litigation lawsuit involving breach of a non-compete or non-disclosure to cost less than a $25k retainer and it could cost substantially more, depending on the exact facts, how much they fight, where the lawsuit takes place, etc. Most business litigation attorneys charge $350 an hour on the average.
However, your attorneys fees should be recoverable in the lawsuit.
do i have a chance to win this situation,
If you have a non-compete and non-disclosure agreement then you should have a good chance of winning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, concerning the first question, how much i have to ask the court as a compensation for what happened to me from this manufacture.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
You can ask the court for whatever amount you choose. If you believe you are losing three million a year you can ask for that amount for the time it takes you to get to trial and, in addition, you can ask the court for an injunction which is an order to prevent them from continuing to do business against the agreement they signed.