Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

May I ask you a question regarding a realtors fee payment

Customer Question

Hi. May I ask you a question regarding a realtors fee payment for a closing?
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please contact by mobile number provided.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
We are unfortunately not able to access telephone numbers provided when you set up an account or contact customers via phone without charging an extra fee. What is your question about realtor closing fees?
And what state are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Florida\
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the fee to call my number. I have used this service about four times and the counselors contacted me on my phone.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You posted at the same time I did. I cannot see your phone number, but here is the answer to your question.
Typically, the way it works is that the seller pays his realtor a commission, and then the seller's agent splits that commission with the buyer's agent. When only the seller has a realtor, the realtor keeps the entire fee. Or when one agent represents both parties, he also gets to keep the entire fee. This money all comes out of the proceeds of the sale and is paid at the closing.
When ONLY the buyer has a realtor, the realtor will often have to pay the realtor's commission as part of the closing costs unless the buyer agrees to pay the realtor's fee. He doesn't have to agree unless there's a written contract. That's why a buyer's realtor who finds an unrepresented seller will often try to enter a contract with the seller, too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not satisfactory. I need to either explain the situation or call for a refund.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to opt out, since I can only help you if you post your question here, and you clearly do not wish to do that. Have a good day.