Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

My question is regarding my S Corporation. I needed to have

Customer Question

My question is regarding my S Corporation. I needed to have filed an internal resolution which was not done at the time of incorporation. Is there a legal way to amend our corporate documents to include this internal resolution? I incorporated in April
2008.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Can you please give us more background information so we can better assist you?
Also, what State did you incorporate in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Certainly. When I incorporated in April of 2008 as a Trading corporation I found out recently that at that time I would have needed to include an Internal Resolution to choose to have my 1256 contracts treated as ordinary income as opposed to the 60/40 split. I am now asking if I can have an amendment or a ratification to my corporate documents to include this Internal Resolution? Is that Legal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also we incorporated in Illinois
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
I am opting out at no cost to you as this appears to be beyond my scope of experience. Please do not respond back to this message so that the question remains unlocked for another expert to view and try to assist you. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
Please clarify exactly what you wish to do? What exactly do you wish to amend, and, do the other parties that hold offices or shares in the corporation agree to the change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ely, Thanks for getting back to me. I think our situation may be a little too complex for a chat session. I need to have legal advice. I also feel I need to sit down with a lawyer and fully explain our situation to so there will not be any communication breakdown. Thanks again and have a nice evening.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Okay. You can contact www.justanswer.com/help to close this question.