John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney helping businesses achieve their legal and practical goals.
71296933

Can a healthcare provider have different billing fee

Customer Question

Can a healthcare provider have different billing fee schedules for contracted business and private paying customers
Category: Business Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Yes, in fact all healthcare providers negotiate rates with insurers and self insured companies versus the rates they charge to an uninsured person who comes in off the street. The rates they give to insurers are substantially "discounted". If you are an uninsured that has a bill you can and should try to negotiate a discount on your bill. Most providers will discount, or you can hire a company that will do this for you.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers; otherwise the website just keeps your payment and doesn’t credit me at all. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.