Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

If the Pennsylvania State Contract is entities to

Customer Question

If the Pennsylvania State Contract is for State entities to procure products and services and COSTARS is for municipal and other quasi governmental agencies to do likewise: What right does County Government have to restrict procurements to the State Contract? My understanding from the "State" is that they are technically in violation of procurement codes since they are not a State entity. I am not an attorney but common sense tells me they are going to be liable for some serious damages.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you look to the county codes and ordinances, because they have to comply with those codes and ordinances? Also, what class county is this, since the PA Code allows counties to set up their own procurement rules and ordinances?