Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

My business partner contributes very little to our small

Customer Question

Hello, my business partner contributes very little to our small restaurant. I run the day to day operations and he works maybe 10 - 13 hours a week. I was fine with this until he started to come in when I'm not there and correct the staff, undermine me and change policy. We are very successful and I have many years of experience in this industry. I have informed him that he confuses the staff and he is out of line. He refuses to back down. I want a written agreement on who will run the day to day but he won't respond to me. He makes the staff uncomfortable and I informed him that either I am going to run the daily operations or he is, no gray area. I'm afraid I will need to shut down the restaurant until we can come to an agreement as its too stressful to continue on like this. Please advise. Thanks. Paul
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.
Are you 50 50 owners?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Being 50 50 owners makes it difficult. Technically you both have a say how to run the company. These situations are the worst if the parties cannot agree how to run the company. There is unfortunately, only two options for you. Either agree on how to run the company, or dissolve the company. So shutting down the restaurant could be something that happens if you two cannot agree. The other option is to buy the partner out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's your answer?

We can go into more detail. What specific question do you have?