Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Quick question: what type of licensing is needed for an employment

Quick question: what type of licensing is needed for an employment agency to operate in Washington DC, dispatching temporary employees to VA and MD? Can you tell me about the application process and fees? Can you send me the online application links?

Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response:
You would need a basic business license. Click on the links below for step-by-step instructions on what you must do in order to obtain the license.

Employment Agency License

Online Application

Forms

General business licensing information

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. This is great. From what you sent, I need to apply for two types of licenses: employment agency license and a basic business license. Are these all the licenses I need to operate legally in DC? Another online source mentioned that I need a District of Columbia Employer Paid Personnel Services License plus two more licenses in addition to the ones you brought up. Can you please clarify?

Response: Employment Agency License is under Basic Business License Category. From my research, you only need to apply for Employment Agency License. That is, applying for Employment Agency License means that you are applying for a Basic Business License. You need to follow the step-by-step instructions given on the links that I previously provided and you should be okay. Also and more importantly, there is an online application, which I also provided you a link to. You should use the online application route. If you do something wrong, you would be quickly alerted of your error.