Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

my partners in our LLC are in disagreement on Banking and Accounting.

my partners in our LLC are in disagreement on Banking and Accounting. They feel that it is okay for the founder of the LLC to handle all monies and distribute it as he sees fit since he is the one who put up the initial injection of capital. This would mean I would have to "ask" for funds, use, etc, although I am an EQUAL partner to the founder in percentage. I disagree and think we should ALL have access to the account with an "open book" accounting mentality and just communicate the use of funds with eachother AFTER it is approved by all. Which is smarter and why? Which is "ethical" toward each partner?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unless you have an operating agreement to the contrary about this procedure, the CA laws require that all members of the LLC have access to the books and accounting of the LLC. Additionally, without an operating agreement to the contrary all members of the LLC are to share equally in the net profits of the LLC. Your thoughts are actually what the default law says and if you have no operating agreement to the contrary is how you should be operating.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.