Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I am a partner a small LLC that has a website with a different

I am a partner a small LLC that has a website with a different name than the LLC. The name of the LLC is on the top of all contracts but is somewhat related to the name of the website . I just launched a 2nd website although it is in the same field some clients will not sign an agreement with the LLC on it. So i filed a DBA for the 2nd website. My question is can i put just the DBA name on the top of the agreements for the 2nd website? Or do I have to have both the LLC and the DBA which could be an issue for some. also i am assuming the LLC protection will cover the new DBA.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies but I am a bit confused--this second website, is it under the LLC umbrella or is it run totally separately?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dba under the llc

Thank you for your follow-up, Mark.

So long as the DBA is recorded, you can likewise utilize that name in contracts BUT you would still need to use the LLC name to further clarify that the DBA is part of the LLC, and that the LLC controls this DBA. Usin the DBA as a standalone may be confusing and may create miscommunication pertaining to the relationship since a DBA may be run separately outside an LLC and be a separate entity. Here, a DBA is essentially an alter ego of the LLC but that has to be clearly defined and spelled out on contracts to ensure that liability is properly attached to the LLC and the DBA together.

Hope that helps.