Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

I just bought a custom concession trailer and the manufacturer

I just bought a custom concession trailer and the manufacturer installed the wrong flooring and installed it incorrectly. They will pay for the correction of the flooring but not for the actual flooring that was supposed to be installed. the specs we sent required a 5 ml flooring on the floor and up the sides of the walls 4 inches (according to ca. health codes). the flooring they installed was their normal 2 ml and in a couple of areas it does not reach up 4 inches.
Thank you for your question I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you had a contract with them to install the floor to your specifications and paid for this in your contract, then they are liable to you to properly install the correct flooring. If they are refusing you need to send them a letter informing them if they do not cure their breach of contract you will be forced to sue them for breach and seek not just the damages for installing the proper flooring, but also your losses from not being able to use the trailer you ordered. If they still refuse, then I am afraid your next step is you must get an attorney and file suit against them to seek to recover all of your damages including your business losses from not being able to use the trailer you bought and paid for with the proper specs.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How can I find a reputable attorney in my area? What type of attorney would I be looking for?

Thank you for your response.

Please look at my first answer to you which has the three websites used by other attorneys. You are looking for a general litigation attorney.