Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law with diversified background.

I have been served papers because I did not pay a medical bill.

I have been served papers because I did not pay a medical bill. This is completely my oversight (stupidly). I'm wondering what steps I need to take now to resolve this.

Thank you for your help,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to providing you information in this regard.

I suggest you contact the physicians office and make arrangements to pay the bill in full and then have them have the case dismissed.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, Samuel. The plantiff is the Merchants Credit Corporation, not the physicians office. I notice here that I have a bill from the physician but not from Merchants. Who should I reach out to?

Thanks again,

It has been my positive experience to go with the physcian if they were the ones to file. But if they have turned it over to a Collection Agency then the agency.

Since it is comig from Merchants, you will more than likely have to reach out to them. And once you make that payment in full and your payment clears, then they should send you a Notice to Withdraw. Unfortunately, you will now probably also have fees for the service
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, thank you Samuel - have a great day!

You are welcome. Thank you and enjoy the upcoming weekend.