Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

In a business to business wholesale transaction, can a wholesaler

In a business to business wholesale transaction, can a wholesaler charge a surcharge on credit card payment as part of the business agreement in New York State.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be the attorney assisting you.

Just to make sure of the facts - a wholesaler is charging another wholesale the cost of the product PLUS a surcharge for them paying by credit card - correct?

If so, did they notice them of the surcharge BEFORE the transaction?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All stipulations are entered into prior to the completion of the sale.

Then, as between to businesses and there being notice of the surcharge before the transaction was consumated or completed and paid for - that would be legal.

There is no law against such as between.

In fact, a US District Court determined last year that merchants are allowed to pass along the cost of those credit-card interchange fees to customers - the court validated the ability of retailers to surcharge 4% to consumers who paid by credit card.

Read more: http://business.time.com/2013/01/25/a-4-surcharge-for-using-a-credit-card-legal-but-not-likely/#ixzz2iYj1qRzO

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer.. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).