Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

i have my money in us accounts (vanguard,i live in nj).because

i have my money in us accounts (vanguard,i live in nj).
because of quantitive easing (excess printing of dollars)and tremendus debt. i think it is prudent of having deposits in a foreign currency ( perhaps a canadian c/d)
would this be benifical if things go bad in the u s.
your comments please.

9perhaps
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 10 months ago.

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes keep looking i have plenty of time

Customer/p>

john caruso

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Michelle-Moderator
Expert:  Law Pro replied 10 months ago.
I don't know - the US currency has been the mainstay for a long time even though it's had problems.

Because of my personal situation, I watch the Canadian dollar on a routine basis. The intent of the Canadian gov't is to place the CDN dollar at less value that the US dollar.

From my reading they would like the CDN to be at 1.1 = 1 US dollar.

It's currently CDN 1.039 = 1 US dollar as we speak.

I think the difference is going to continue and the CDN going to be worth less and less than the US dollar.

In my opinion, if you are concerned about the US economy and the US dollar you might invest in gold rather than foreign currency.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX years ago my daughter started to attend university of waterloo towards

doctorate of computer engineering. her boyfriend was a professor there.she graduated Cornell.

i would have considered moving there if i could have health insurance. i was retired

the only complaint she had was the online shoping was'nt as much as new jersey.

i will approve you and give a good rating.

john caruso

Expert:  Law Pro replied 10 months ago.
There are alot of things I really like about Canada - but transferring money to and from isn't one of them from the USA.

Costs to do such are expensive - forget the exchange rate - the banks charge you a fee just to make the exchange.

I use Paypal usually. But even that's bad when you want to transfer a few thousand dollars.

The exchange is say 3% - but then you are charged another 3% - 4% just to transfer.

I am always amazed at the TV show "International House Hunters".

They don't have a clue. Then add to that the costs of selling property and inheritance taxes and transfer taxes when you are not a citizen - terrible.

Law Pro, Attorney
Experience: 20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations