J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.
64316804

How do I research investments, assets and property of federal

How do I research investments, assets and property of federal judges to check for conflict of interest such as: A federal judge being invested in a bank that is a defendant in his/her court during a case. I am aware that in California I can check California Fair Political Practices Commission to check to see what California Superior Court Judges are invested in. Is there a similar source online or other media that I can find what federal judges are invested in? Thanks for your assistance.
Hello Joe! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping and providing information to you today.

The only online resource that claims to have the disclosures online that I am familiar with is www.judicialwatch.org/federal-courts/. It lists federal judges by name and supposedly provides a copy of the report. I was not able to access the report this morning, they do have contact information for customer service. I have emailed them as well to inquiry why the information is not displaying.

It may simply be this website is still trying to obtain this information as obtaining disclosure about financial judges is an exercise in patients and persistence. There is no information online through the federal pages and there are for most State judges. A request must be sent to the Administration Office of U.S. Courts: www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/FormsAndFees/Forms/AO010A.pdf

The form is typically delayed for 10 days to assure the judge has time to review the form and who requested it. Here is a link to a good article on how the disclosure works or doesn't work depending on what side of the fence you are on: www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202472248044&Financial_Disclosure_Forms_for_Federal_Judges_Can_Be_Hard_to_Track_Down

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. If for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
Hi Joe,

I just received a message from Judicial Watch regarding accessing information about Federal Judges on their website. I inquired as to why their database appeared to be down. I thought I would pass it along.

"We are restructuring our database and like all things related to technology, it is taking longer than expected. If there is a specific judge (s) you are interested in, please send me the names and which years and I will send you a PDF. Please note we have not yet received the 2012 disclosures. The office of the courts is already behind and the government shutdown is not helping matters."