Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Paul JD only please, my question is about "treasury stock"

Paul JD only please, my question is about "treasury stock" owned by a housing cooperative corporation.

If "treasury stock" in the form of an apartment is sold, how can the proceeds of the sale be used?
Thank you for asking for me again.

DE Corporations code section 153 states, "(c) Treasury shares may be disposed of by the corporation for such consideration as may be determined from time to time by the board of directors, or by the stockholders if the certificate of incorporation so provides."

I cannot find anything other than that as to what they must do with the proceeds, thus they can be distributed to members or held by the cooperative based on the vote of the board of directors or the shareholders depending on the bylaws.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Paul, though the corporation is incorporated in Delaware but is located in the D.C. is the answer the same?

If it is incorporated in DE, then the DE corporation laws apply to them even if they are in DC.