Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

I am looking to buy an extended warranty for my car. They

Customer Question

I am looking to buy an extended warranty for my car. They sent me a PDF of the terms. Can I edit those terms and then sign it and send it back? Do I have to point out any changes I made?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is Fred and I'll be the attorney assisting you.

Yes, you can edit and send the contract back - but it's doubtful they will accept AND, because you edited the contract you have made a "counter offer" to them.

You would have to "initial" any and all changes made on the contract you send back to them. So, in reality, you are giving them notice of any and all changes.

Then they would have to "initial" the changes too and execute the document before there would be a contract.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. That's what I figured. So much for counting on their laziness...

Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, I understand. But that would be the same for any and all contracts - that any changes would have to be "changed and initialed" - thereby giving notice to the other party AND memorializing the changes that you made in writing.

Because - if not done - then presumptively the contract is as they sent to you originally.

Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer.. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).

I wish you the best in the future.