Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

If I have an idea to open new business in product which will

If I have an idea to open new business in product which will make the company get more money, and I would share that idea with the company by selling the idea or be a partner in that new business. what should I do before I talk to them because I'm afraid if anyone will steal the idea ??
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

There is legally no real way to protect a business idea, as an idea cannot be copyrighted or trademarked. The one thing people use in these cases to shop their ideas around would be a non-disclosure/non-use agreement which they get prospective businesses to sign before they disclose their idea. These give minimal protection though, because if the company changes up your idea a little and uses it they could in some cases circumvent the agreement, but these agreements are what would be used to offer protection in cases where you have to shop your idea around to others.

If you need such an agreement drafted though you would have to get a local attorney to do so or you would have to draft it yourself from a sample agreement you can modify.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.