John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney helping businesses achieve their legal and practical goals.
71296933

bid for a Municipal Contract

If, under a professional license, one submits a bid for a Municipal RFP, and the terms in the RFP indicate that the data provided must not be shared with any third party. During the underwriting process, it is discovered by bidder that an existing contractor is overcharging the Municipality (taxpayers) by tens of millions of dollars, is the licensee bound by the non disclosure in the RFP? What action may be taken by the Municipality against the licensee?

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

The answer to your question really depends on what is going on here. If the overcharges are so gross as to be considered embezzlement or outright stealing, then you you could ignore the non-disclosure and bring the matter to the attention of the FBI public corruption division. A contract cannot be enforced if the enforcement would assist in the commission of a crime. It appears also that someone in the administration is acting in collusion with the contractor.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, John. That's kind of what I thought about everything you have said, so good confirmation.

Teresa,

You're welcome. Please leave a positive rating before you exit this chat as it is the only way I get credit for my answers. You are not charged any additional fee by the website for positively rating my question, but if you do not positively rate my question I do not get credit for my answers. If you have any questions in the future regarding this matter come back to this thread and I'll be happy to answer. Thanks and good luck with the matter.