Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I hired a web designer to build an escort personal site that

Customer Question

I hired a web designer to build an escort personal site that makes money as membership sign up only. I had a massive heart attack and I have been int he hospital for all of September 2013. He put " website down due to NON Payment (after keeping in touch with him.FROM THE HOSPITAL. I just go out today and he sent me an email indicating this:
I'm going to assume ownership of the site (valued at a mere 10% of what is owed) and I'll post the details of your promises and failures to pay, along with links to every critical review about you that exists.
I ran my name and he has posted such things. I am getting calls from customers that say....." your pathetic, and a broke escort!"
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome! My name is Damien and I will be assisting you. I am happy to help.

I am sorry this is happening to you. It is apparent you dealing with someone who is libeling you (saying untruths about you) as well as converting (taking) your assets (the website) away from you without the right to do so.

There are two issues: one a contact issue (the terms of which were entered into for the creation of the website); and libel (written statement of untruths).

Since this is a website designer and not the hosting company, if possibly find out the company that is hosting the website and explain to them what is happening. See if the website can be taken off line so as to prevent further libel.

Worse case, you would have to hire an attorney and go to court to solve this situation.

If you need clarification, or want to clarify your question, or have a follow up question, please let me know.

Thank you,

Damien
Hi Heather,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need clarification or have a follow up question? If so, let me know so I can further assist you. My goal is to provide you excellent service.

Thank you!

Damien Bosco