Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations

Customer Question

Aim: Establish ultimate beneficial ownership

Available documents: Board of directors and shareholders meeting minutes (signed); corporate account details (name, registered address); list of authorized signatories (signed); authorization and indemnity form (signed)

Question
I am trying to determine the possibility of establishing ultimate beneficial ownership of an offshore anonymous company (Liberian) to a physical person.

What I have in my possession are original bank documents with corporate account details signed by only the authorized signatory, i.e. only officer of this company (at least, and as far as I can ascertain, according to Liberian bylaws).

In addition, the same signatory is signed as present at two board of directors and shareholders meeting. However, it can be established that no other person was physically present during these meetings, although the signatures of the people absent were subsequently obtained.

My question is, can the sole presence of the only officer (authorized signatory) at a BoD and shareholders meeting count as proof that this person is then the only shareholder of this company?

If yes, do photocopies of the minutes that show this count as evidence in court or are originals required?

If no, what other types of evidence would be required as proof of ultimate beneficial ownership?

Thanks
Category: Business Law
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 9 months ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have neither received nor found any answers as yet to my question.

If no one here can answer it, I would appreciate suggestions as to where else I might look.

Thanks
Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy