Legalease, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience corps, LLC's and partnerships; preparation, negotiation of complex contracts and business agreements

I need a referral to an attorney who specializes in setting

I need a referral to an attorney who specializes in setting up small businesses. I live in West Los Angeles,CA.

Hello there

We are unable to give the names of specific individual attorneys through this website due to the risk of liability if you are not happy with their services. However, I can give you two excellent referral sources where you can let them know exactly what you are looking for and they will each give you several names of local attorneys who specialize in business and commercial matters and then you can speak to a few on the telephone and decide which one you might want to hire for your purposes. Here is the LA Bar Association -- And here is one of our sister legal websites, findlaw, where they can also offer referrals to commercial lawyers: Another excellent source for small business start up information is the los angeles small business association -- SCORE -- where you can get free information and seminars and assistance with paperwork - and another small business organization --

My suggestion is that you contact the small business administration groups first before hirng an attorney to set up the small business. Setting up a small business can be straightforward process that you may be able to get done either for free or for very little money upfront. I have many clients who have used such groups for start ups and small business loans and many purposes that an attorney cannot help out with such as mentoring.

Please let me know if you have more questions. If not, can you please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face underneath this ANSWER box so I will be paid for my time. I am paid only if you press a positive rating below. Pressing the 3rd 4th or 5th smile face below will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH