Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

im looking for a specific clause to insert into my business

i'm looking for a specific clause to insert into my business contracts. wondering what it is called.

situation: i have a team of makeup artists work with me (subcontracted) to work with a client contracted to work with my company. say in the future, the client wants to hire one of my artists and not me...and this clause needs to state that I will receive a % of income for them hiring this person on my team.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The clause you are referring to is a solicitation clause. The clause would state, "Artist agrees that should client want to hire artist directly for any project at any time during employment with or within 24 months of using service (your business name) that artist shall be liable to pay X% of income received from client to company.

You can modify that as you see fit for your needs.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

holy moly!!! i feel 10x lighter. thank you sooooo much!!!

You are welcome.