Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

We have a medical practice in Arizona. One of the AHCCCS Insurance

We have a medical practice in Arizona. One of the AHCCCS Insurance plans terminated our contract as of November 1st 2013. Would AHCCCS consider it illegal or against policy for us to write a letter to our patients informing them that we are no longer contracted with that plan and say "Please note that _Clinic Name__ is proud to remain contracted with the majority of Ahcccs plans in Arizona, including, but not limited to the following (as of November 1, 2013):

Mercy Care
Care 1st
Health Choice
Maricopa health Plan
University Family Care
Phoenix Health Plan

If your AHCCCS plan does not include _Clinic Name_ and you want to change your plan, visit for details and options.?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for education purposes only.

Legally, you have a duty to notify your patients what insurance you do or do not accept any longer. There is no law preventing you from giving notice to the patients regarding what plans you will accept even under the same AHCCCS company, since if a patient comes to you with the plan you no longer accept their bills will not get paid.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.