Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .

I set up an LLC in Tennessee seven months ago. Since the time

I set up an LLC in Tennessee seven months ago. Since the time I received my EIN number, the company has remained inactive. I would like to dissolve the LLC. Can you advise me the specific steps to achieve this please?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

There is nothing you need to do if the LLC has been inactive other than file articles of termination with the Tennessee Sec'y of State and pay the filing fee. Here is a link to the form:

Since no income was generated, there is no need to file anything with the IRS.

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.

Thank you.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "Loren" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Scot, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please consider rating me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.