J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.
64316804

I am being harassed by a telemarketing company trying sell

I am being harassed by a telemarketing company trying sell me work. I will start from the beginning. I received a phone call from a woman asking if I would like more work. I have received phone calls like this before and know that they are a sales company. I cut her off and said who are you with? I have had bad experiences in the past. She said " E.B.C" I looked them up and never hurd of them. I asked if she was just like two other companies that sale leads. She said no not anything like that. I said if you sell leads then yeah you are. She hung up on me. Her entire demeanor was rude after my first question. I called back the number and asked to speak to a manager I don't know what kind of company this is but I was just hung up on for asking a question. I am interested in the service and a girl just hung up on me for asking questions. Male on the phone "Sir I don't know who you think your talking to. I am going to give you a bad review on Yelp if you don't watch your mouth. A little confused I said excuse me let me speak to your manager. " I am the manager, who do you think you are I am going to look your number and give you bad review. I said sir you can't do that I have done nothing you called me. He said its already done next time and hung up on me. I called back multiple times and was never given a name by any employee and when I asked for tech id# XXXXX refused and hung up. I could go on as to the individual calls but will not. Eventually just gave up. They called back twice later that day at 5 and 7pm. I called back to be met with the same attitude and was asked to stop calling. Today I received a call to have the same scenario go down from the same guy who now claims to be the manager. While arguing with him he said " sir stop sexually harassing me over the phone" I don't know what to do at this point. I am so upset my head is going to explode. I apologize for the inconvenience. Feel free to try to call and get some information about the company. XXX-XXX-XXXX
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you today.

I am sorry you are having to deal with this situation. An economic means to try and put a stop to this non-sense is to file a complaint with the FTC and your state Attorney General office. Complaints may be submitted online and these agencies take complaints seriously.

In situations like these, it may be helpful to determine if a consumer tip hot lines exists with your local television news channel. Often times a local new channel has a hot line and if enough calls are generated about a local company harassing consumers or business, a story and investigation will be launched.

Another means would be to retain local counsel to write a cease and desist letter that is persuasive in manner that if the company continues with its calls it will subject them any actions and remedies available to you.

All my best & encouragement.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.