Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

My father opened a domestic llc in Nevada and named me as a

My father opened a domestic llc in Nevada and named me as a 1% owner. He assured me that I would not be responsible for any debts incurred by the business. I have never had anything to do with the business and I want my named removed. How do I go about getting myself removed from the llc?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

In order to remove yourself from the NV LLC, you need to file an amended annual report and amended articles of organization with the NV Secretary of State to remove yourself from ownership and office with the LLC. When you do this, you should also send notice to the registered agent for the LLC that you have resigned your ownership in the LLC and transfer it to your father.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.