J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.
64316804

Is a court ordered arbitration hearing required to have a court

Is a court ordered arbitration hearing required to have a court reporter or stenographer recording the hearing. If not must someone recorded the hearing.
Hello! Thank you for your question today. My goal is to provide you with the information you seek.

Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) I will provide you with honest information and not necessarily to tell you what you might be hoping to hear.

An arbitrator in a court ordered arbitration may have a hearing recorded and permit a stenographer but is not required to do so. If an arbitrator does not make a record of a proceeding no recording of any kind is permitted at the hearing. This is governed by California Court Rules 3.824(b):

"b) Record of proceedings

(1)Arbitrator's record

The arbitrator may, but is not required to, make a record of the proceedings.

(2)Record not subject to discovery

Any records of the proceedings made by or at the direction of the arbitrator are deemed the arbitrator's personal notes and are not subject to discovery, and the arbitrator must not deliver them to any party to the case or to any other person, except to an employee using the records under the arbitrator's supervision or pursuant to a subpoena issued in a criminal investigation or prosecution for perjury.

(3)No other record

No other record may be made, and the arbitrator must not permit the presence of a stenographer or court reporter or the use of any recording device at the hearing, except as expressly permitted by (1)." Source: www.courts.ca.gov/cms/rules/index.cfm?title=three&linkid=rule3_824

I apologize that this was probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. If for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" or “continue conversation” tab.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you did a grate job, I am going to ask you soom more question always find the truth, Thank You

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you sed to view the full image. What do I do to view it, I cleck it the words that said to view full image, but nothing happen.

I apologize those images are of the State seal and the page. This link has the actual text which is what thought would be helpful, sorry for the confusion:

www.courts.ca.gov/cms/rules/index.cfm?title=three&linkid=rule3_824
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if I click the web site will it take me to it, or do I have to retype the web site you gave me

Try clicking this link, if not you can cut and paste it and that should work, sorry about the technical difficulty.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did I rate you two many time on this one question

I noticed you rated me again, contact customer service they can asset you, thanks.