Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

I had an LLC registered in Nevada, but I stopped renewing it

I had an LLC registered in Nevada, but I stopped renewing it because of closing of the business - now I want to re register the LLC but in Florida - my question is: do I have to pay back registration in Nevada? or can I start with a clean slate here in Florida?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you closed the business and did not renew it in NV, then it became an inactive LLC. You can register a new LLC under the same name in FL without doing anything with the NV LLC and you would have a clean slate in FL with a new LLC under the same name.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.