socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I have a Delaware corporation and want to have a presence in

I have a Delaware corporation and want to have a presence in ohio during the startup phase is it better to qualify my Delaware corporation in ohio or form an llc in ohio I will need to do more question later today looking for an expert in internet businesses

Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 months ago.

It's far less costly to register your Delaware Corp in Ohio than it is to form a separate corporation. Two corporations doubles your administrative work, as well as your tax preparation costs, because each business must report its taxes separately.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Attorney
Experience: Retired (mostly)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Can I treat my people as 1099 contractors with their own llcs so they can have business tax deductions or can I accomplish the same thing with a corp chapter c and generous expense accounts and fring benefit packages with less fillings headaches

how do large corporations do their books for executive compensation I want to stay away from paying people on hourly or salary and pay them minimuim wages CONTRACTUALLY plus bonuses I want to work with fellow entrepenuers not employees

I really want a to start a business that has no or few employees only partner associates incenvtiveized to act in an entrepenual fashion

My family has had many emploees based businesses and the lack of incentive to work harder or smarter and keeping emplyees in enthused under those conditions are headaches I am too old

You are asking a totally different question from your first. I'll be happy to answer questions about different subject matter in the same Q&A session -- however I would appreciate your providing a positive rating for each answer as we go forward -- so that I can receive appropriate compensation for my efforts.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.
If you use a 1099 strategy, you are risking that one of your contractors reports your activities to the State Labor Board, the IRS. Unless you are absolutely certain that the worker is in fact an independent contractor (i.e., a person who is entirely responsible for his or her own time, holds him/herself out to the public to perform the same work that he/she will be doing for you, and the only control that you have is as to your designation of the end product, then using a 1099 is a mistake. You could get slammed with huge fines if IRS decides that the workers should have been treated as employees.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Attorney
Experience: Retired (mostly)