Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate

Good afternoon, We are setting up a new LLC and would like

Good afternoon,
We are setting up a new LLC and would like for our Family Trust to be the sole member.
We are wanting the personal details of our ownership to be kept private. Is this the best way to do that?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thanks for submitting this question. Answer: Yes it is. There is no public record required as to the identity of members of an LLC. If the member is a Trust then there is an additional layer of non-disclosure, because the contents of a trust agreement are never made public unless the trust has to be docketed with the probate court for some administrative purpose. Even then, it is often possible to prevent disclosure of the identity of named beneficiaries under the terms of the trust.
I hope this Answer is helpful and that you will give it a positive rating. If not, then do not enter a rating at this time and send back a Reply for more information or clarification. You should consult a local attorney to verify that this information is accurate for your state. Thank you for using Pearl.com- Just Answer. We appreciate your business.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you so much for the answer and I will move forward with that. I do have one last question though, how do I list the contact or registered agent for the LLC and IRS? I have no problem with listing my wife's or my name, I just want it kept confidential from the public. Not trying to do anything shady whatsoever.

The registered agent with your Secretary of State is public knowledge. It is often a good tip has to who is involved in the LLC. You can use outside
companies who are professional resident agents. Check internet for their ads. As far as IRS registered agent, that is between you and them and it is not an item of public record.
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience: 30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate