Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

I was granted an order for default judgment as sanction. The

I was granted an order for default judgment as sanction. The hearing is scheduled for 9-16-13 on damages. The actual damages is approx 1,000 dollars. I've got invested about 2 1/2 years in this case that started in small claims court and now is in Superior Court in Marion County, Indianapolis, Indiana. Are there any documents I need to prepare before the hearing and what about consequential damages like the research and preparing of documents and letters written to defendant?

In the other case I filed the Writ of Mandamus- when I get a ruling I'll give you an update.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The judge will want to see all documentation that proves all damages that you are requesting. That includes evidence of the $1,000 in actual damages. If you have a receipt for the filing fee, that is something else that he can award you. You would want to bring a copy of any contract that you have that allows you to collect attorney's fees or other special damages. Essentially, if you want to be able to ask the judge to consider awarding you damages to cover something, you'll need to have the evidence with you.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.