J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.

Hi! Could I elect S corp now? I have just set up c corp

Could I elect S corp now?

I have just set up c corp in PA.

Thank you.
Hello! Thank you for your question today. My goal is to provide you with the information you seek.

Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) I will provide you with honest information and not necessarily to tell you what you might be hoping to hear.

Congratulations on forming your business entity. To elect S corporation status you must notify the IRS within the 15 day of the third month following the date of incorporation by filing IRS Form 2553. Here is a link to the form:

Also here is a link to information provided by the IRS that you may find helpful:

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. I only receive credit when rated 3 or higher. If for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" or “continue conversation” tab.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.