Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

Where can I find cheaper legal assistance for some basic agreements

Where can I find cheaper legal assistance for some basic agreements review / agreements drafting? Currently I work with lawyers with rates above $300 and sometimes I just have simple tasks and would like to find cheaper alternatives with lower rates for legal work. I even think students might be able to help. Any experiences / ideas to share?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

One way to try to save money on document drafting would be to hire a paralegal and not an attorney to draft the documents you need drafting. You can find paralegals in DE at

Paralegals can take freelance work in DE.

Also, if the documents you are needing are not unique and something you have used before, you can simply reuse the same document for multiple issues (for example an employment contract, once you have one drafted for one employee you can modify it and use it for other emploXXXXX, XXXXXe as severance agreements).

Law students at the local law school, particularly 3rd year students and some 2nd year students could be helpful in doing research and reviewing simple documents, but I would not use them for any complex contract review, they simply do not have the legal experience and they also are not covered for malpractice in case they make any mistakes that cost you money.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.