Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .

The Arkansas statutes for foreclosure under the Power of Sale

The Arkansas statutes for foreclosure under the Power of Sale Clause reads that an action to exercise under that clause cannot be done unless
D) No action has been instituted to recover the debt or any part of it secured by the mortgage...
There is no definition in the statute of what constitutes an "action." Is this strictly a court action? Or is a demand from a debt collector for the alleged amount owed an "action" under this statute?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

No, action refers only to judicial foreclosure. In other words, a mortgage lender must choose either a judicial or non-judicial foreclosure remedy. They can not pursue both.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Christina, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.