Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate

Hello, My business partner and I have about 50% shares each

Hello, My business partner and I have about 50% shares each in our new business. He is electing himself Director and wants me to be the President when we are incorporating our entity in Delaware. is it better for me to be a President or Director? Thanks

Hello and thanks for submitting this question. A corporation is controlled the Board of Directors. The Directors elect or appoint the various officers. In a two person corporation. Both of you should be Directors, and then you both decide who will serve as the President, Secretary and Treasurer. The President and Secretary should be different people. So either can also serve as the Treasurer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If not, and you need further information, please do not rate this Answer and just send me a Reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be compensated for assisting you. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.