Elizabeth Prentice
Elizabeth Prentice, Attorney
Experience:  Legal counsel for multitude of businesses; Business Law Professor; Experience as In-House Counsel

I am electrician an I performed an electrical job for a friend

I am electrician an I performed an electrical job for a friend who was being sub contracted to do also other kind of construction work, he pulled of the job because of discrepancies with the general contractor about his other job, (the General Contractor took $800 off from his framing work payment, telling him that someone else has to fix something he did wrong without giving him the chance of fixing it himself or showing him proof of that payment).

They owe me about $1000 for the job I did, and they already hired another electrical subcontractor to finish the job, a friend of mine told me that I can put a lien to the mall where this job was perform.

How do I do that and what are my chances of getting my job pay ?
I am an attorney and I would be happy to assist you! You are entitled to a mechanic's lien, for the work you have done. You are entitled to be compensated for your work and should pursue your rights. A mechanic's lien is a special lien is a security interest in the title to property for the benefit of those who have supplied labor or materials that improve the property. Since the process is complicated, I am providing you with a link to a website that will provide you step by step directions to file your mechanic's line in Georgia. Also, at the bottom of the webpage is a link to download the Georgia form for you to fill out.

I hope my answer has assisted you and that you will provide me a positive rating!