MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701

Hi if our business is hired from someone out of state what

Hi if our business is hired from someone out of state what laws should show on contract my state or theirs?
Hello and thank you for using the JA website. I look forward to assisting you. Please remember that this is information only and not legal advice.

Are you saying that your business was hired by someone out of state or that your business is hiring an employee who is in another state?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Our business was hired by another business out of state

Thank you for the additional information, Maritza. If you have a written contract with them, you are free to have the laws of either state be the governing law. In most cases, the business who is doing the hiring will put their own state as the governing law or another state in which they do business. You are free to negotiate with them, however, since negotiating is part of the contract process.

Please let me know if you need any additional information or clarification and thank you for allowing me to assist you.