Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

Im a non resident alien and Im thinking of forming a single

I'm a non resident alien and I'm thinking of forming a single member llc in delaware for mobile software development. Is there a way to create a US bank account and use it for that particular llc without being a resident of the united states. Payouts for android software are limited to certain countries and mine is not one of them. So I would need a US account for that.
Hi and Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you. I am happy to help you.

To set up a US bank account you would need a social security number or a employee identification number. A nonresident alien can incorporate a business in the US. The issue is how the LLC would obtain an employer identification number. When applying for an EIN, the individual usually has to provide a social security number. If you are not eligible for one, you may need a ITIN, an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). To apply for one, you would need to complete a W-7: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw7.pdf

It may be best to contact the IRS to get a better idea of the process. If you are outside the United States, call(NNN) NNN-NNNN(not a toll-free number).

i hope this helps.