Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

does after school tuitoring for K-12 kids require child care

does after school tuitoring for K-12 kids require child care license?

bizlaw :

Hello, I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for. Could you describe your tutoring business? Do you do one child at a time? How long are the sessions for? Once the tutoring is complete does the child go home or remain in your care?

Customer:

Could you describe your tutoring business? Do you do one child at a time? How long are the sessions for? Once the tutoring is complete does the child go home or remain in your care?

Customer:

Could you describe your tutoring business? - we will have children come to our tutoring center after school for completing their homework. We would have multiple children at a time. Session lasts for 1 or two hours depending on lenght of homework they have. Children go home after their homework is done. Parents pick them up.

bizlaw :

Based on your description you are not in the child care business and do not need a child care license. Child care involves taking care of children who need to be supervised because of their young age. You do not provide that type of service. If I have answered all your questions, please rate my answer excellent as that is how I am compensated. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

bizlaw :

I will check back to see if you have additional questions in about 10 minutes.

Hi Sandy,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,if you have any more questions.
Bizlaw