How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MDLaw Your Own Question
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6130
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MDLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would like to ask another part that I forgot to ask which is

This answer was rated:

Would like to ask another part that I forgot to ask which is after completing 90% of work originally with this job he wrote up a hand written note that spelled out what was left that could not be done in the heat of summer.ie move bushes to new locations. Reason it could not be done is that the temperatures were in the 105-115 heat index. But all that was on this check list to be done was done in late fall. This is a follow up on the question .
Hello. Are you trying to follow up with the expert that you were working with before (who is now offline, it appears) or did you want to ask a new question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would like to get more answers to the original question and expand on it.
Do you want me to assist you or do you want to wait for the previous expert that you were working with?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please asist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes please
Could you provide me the background information so that I know what you are asking. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The original question that was asked a couple of days ago was; Can an LLC be sued after closing. We had a contract last may 2012 that was 90% fulfilled in June . There was a check list made for the remaining 10% . Which included transplanting of planted bushes and tree. These were done in the fall due to weather conditions of extreme heat 105-115 heat index. There were a couple of other items that the materials were coming in ie; fire pit and one wall cap stone . Theses were all done in July except for transplanting which was done in the first of Oct . This completed the entire project. They were happy with everything as they invited me to a family party with them at there house and on the patio. Got an email this April stating that there were still things needing done?? Emailed them back asking for a meeting to see exactly what they were talking about so that we could be on same page. Got no response?? The business has now been closed/ dissolution May 2013. Now this July and now aug their attorney is threatening a lawsuit of 15,000.00 dollars to release us and owner from this. What can they sue for and what recourse do we have? We are and will not ever reopen this business again as it was closed due to health!
Thank you for the additional information. Keep in mind that I cannot predict what they will sue you for and I can only go on the information you have given me. It sounds like they are wanting to sue you for not completing the job or for not performing it to standard. I am unsure of what type of work you did for them but it sounds like they are stating that the work was incomplete if they sent you an email stating that things needed to be finished.

If this business has been closed, then they will have a hard time with the lawsuit and they may try to go after the owner of the business personally. That is known as "piercing the corporate veil".

Many people threaten lawsuits but not everyone follows through and not every lawsuit has merit. Therefore, there is not much you can do at this point until they decide to sue you. If you are concerned about a potential lawsuit, you can hire an attorney to write a letter in response to the client's attorney's letter. Often, this is enough to end things.

Please let me know if you need any additional information from me and thank you in advance for allowing me to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should counsel be contacted now or wait until these people sue. Business is closed/ dissolution now and has been for a few months now. All accounts are closed and tools and equipment sold.
It would depend on how much they are bothering you right now or how much you are bothered by the situation and whether you have the money to spend. That is a decision that would be completely up to you and your specific circumstances. If they haven't sued at this point, the only purpose for hiring a lawyer at this point would be to draft a letter to them.

MDLaw and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions