Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

I want to sue a small construction business in small claims.

I want to sue a small construction business in small claims. However, I cannot find his address. He does have an attorney, can I serve his attorney instead? Also, he is buying a house on contract can i put a lien on that home in which he is renting out?

Attorney2020 :

No. You must serve personally serve the individual or the agent for service of process of his company. However, you can ask the attorney if he would accept service of process on the defendants behalf. You may want to get the attorney's willingness to accept service in writing so you don't have any lack of service problems down the line.

Attorney2020 :

If in fact you cannot locate the defendant, you may have to hire a private investigator or due some heavy internet search to obtain a proper address.

Attorney2020 :

I hope this helps. Please rate my answer. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Customer:

Also, he is buying a house on contract can i put a lien on that home in which he is renting out? or on a vehicle?

Customer:

I have a po box address for this person. Is it possible to obtain the street address info from the post office and how?

Customer:

Customer:

Customer:

Also, I have posted on craigslist. Can I be sued for lible, slander or defamation?

Attorney2020 :

As for a lien on home or vehicle. Yes.

Attorney2020 :

As for the po box address, the post office will not provide that information.

Attorney2020 :

As for libel, slander or defamation, you can only be sued for such claims if what your saying is false.