Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

Are there any organizational requirements within a California

Are there any organizational requirements within a California nonprofit mutual benefit corporation “FOA”. IE Do there have to be x number of meetings? Are there any specific decision making protocols? etc?

Thank you

Gregory

Attorney2020 :

Attorney2020 :

Yes. First you must submit the Articles of Incorporation with the state, draft Bylaws and make sure to title any assets in the name of the non-profit that would suffice.

Attorney2020 :

Next, one board meeting a year and make sure to keep track of the minutes of that meeting. A good resource to govern your non-profit would be a NOLO Non-Profit Corporation Guide on amazon or at your local law library. It would be good practice to keep this book handy in case any questions come up by your Board members and so on.

Attorney2020 :

Other than what I have said above, there are no additional requirements that are needed to maintain a non-profit status. I hope this helps. Please rate my answer. Please let me know id you need any additional information.

Customer:

Excellent Thank you. So as far as you know, other than the required board meeting and minutes, the bylaws and articles of incorporation can be structured anyway we please?

Attorney2020 :

Yes sir.

Attorney2020 :

Please rate my answer.