RGMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

I have a subchapter S corp in Texas. I am moving to Ohio. Can

I have a subchapter S corp in Texas. I am moving to Ohio. Can I keep my subchapter S in Texas or must I move it or start a new one in Ohio?

RGMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

RGMacEsq :

You can absolutely keep it in Texas, but note that you're going to have to maintain an agent for service of process, and continue to pay the franchise taxes, etc... in Texas. But owning a corporation in Texas does not require that all (or any) of the shareholders, directors, etc... actually reside in Texas. You just need an agent in Texas for service of process.

RGMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate this answer either a 3, 4, or 5 (good or better). Please note that I do not get any credit for this answer unless and until you rate it that way. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!