Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

What laws, regulations and taxes would I have to deal with

Customer Question

What laws, regulations and taxes would I have to deal with importing electronic cigarettes from China to California and selling them to retail shops and online to both retail suppliers and consumers?

From what I would assume:

Laws: Can't sell to minors under 18.

Regulations: ?

Licences: LLC, Business Licence, retail license, tobacco licence, and whole sale licience.

Taxes: state income, federal income, import tax?

AND

If I were too buy the raw (but diluted from pure) nicotine liquid for the e-cigarettes, what type of rules and regulations does that have to follow? I assume I would need heavy liability insurance?

Thanks!
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the up-date I am very much still interested in the answer and I feel this is the most appropriate category to ask in.

Take your time to find the best person to give the most detailed answer. I will leave them a nice tip if they take their time to save me footwork.

Sincerest, thanks!

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

K Thanks, please try to find me an answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How long do you think this is going to take?

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
We cannot predict how long it will take for an answer. That depends upon a lot of variables such as the nature and difficulty of the question and the areas of expertise and time constraints of the lawyers on line. When one believes he has a satisfactory answer to your question he will reply.

We have marked your question high priority and it is presently open to all of our legal professionals.