Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE FOR INFORMATION OF THE PAIMI GRANT

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE FOR INFORMATION OF THE PAIMI GRANT PROGRAM
42 USC 10801. I HAVE RAN THE COURSE WITH THE MINNESOTA PAIMI OFFICE.
THIS PROGRAM WAS FOR HELPING THE MENTAL ILLNESS FOR US CIVIL RIGHTS
VIOLATIONS IN THE HOSPITAL. THEY DID NOT HELP MY NIECE WHEN SHE WAS HELD
'IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 6 WEEKS WHEN NO MEDICAL CARE WAS NECESSARY AND THE
DOCTORS WERE TRYING TO GET HER DISCHARGED WHEN THE PROSECUTOR BY ABUSE OF
POWER TOLD THEM THEY HAD TO KEEP HER. MY NIECE NEVER WAS GIVEN THE 72 HOUR HEARING NOR A HABIOUS CORPUS HEARING. WHAT SHOULD OF HAPPENENED BY LAW THE HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATOR SHOULD OF PETITIONED THE COURT TO GET HER
MOVED TO LESS RESTRICTIVE PLACE FOR HER MEDICAL NEEDS. WHAT HAPPENED THEY HELD HER UNTIL SHE BECAME ILL FROM THE UNECESSARY HOLD WHEN IN FULL
REMISSION FOR 6 WEEKS SO THAT SHE WULD THEN MEET THE STANDARDS TO CIVIL
COMMIT HER? WHEN SHE WAS INVOLUNTARY HELD THERE WAS NO DOCTOR THAT
SEEN HER WOULD PUT HER IN THE HOSPITAL. THERE IS NO PLACE OTHER THEN
THE DISABILITY LAW CENTER WHO ALSO RUNS PAIMI GRANT TO GO TO FOR THE
PERSON WHO HAS A MENTAL ILLNESS. IF THIS CAN HAPPEN TO THE MENTAL ILLNESS PERSON AND THEY DO NOT ACT, THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
TRAVISTY OF JUSTICE. I WENT THROUGH THE APPEAL PROCESS WITH THEM AND
THEY FEEL THEY DID NOT HAVE TO HELP HER? I WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT THE
CONGRESS IN CHARGE OF THIS PAIMI GRANT TO LET THEM KNOW THE GRANT MONEY
WAS NOT USED IN THIS SITUATION, WHICH I FEEL WAS A TOTAL MISJUSTICE TO
A MENTAL ILLNESS PERSON!!
Thank you for your question and for asking for me. I look forward to working with you again.

If the state violated the laws on involuntary commitments and they held your neice without proper court authority in violation of her civil rights, you need to contact the US Department of Justice Civil Rights Division as they oversee these matters. Second, your neice should be filing a civil suit against the hospital and the state for holding her in violation of her rights to a court hearing and a right to legal representation and for false imprisonment.

Your neice has civil recourse here by suing them and also by filing a complaint to the US Department of Justice. In addition to that recourse you can contact your US Congressman and Senator and bring this situation to their attention as well for them to look into as they will likely contact the Department of Justice to see what is happening with your complaints.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GREAT ANSWER! PAIMI GRANTS ARE GIVEN TO EVERY STATE

THER MUST BE A CONTACT WHEN THESE FUNDS ARE NOT

BEING USED FOR THAT WERE INTENDED FOR WHO DOES

THESE GRANTS COME FROM ?

The grants come from the US Department of Health primarily. The US Department of Justice oversees misuse of federal grant money.