Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

We have several child care centers. Currently we are in the

We have several child care centers. Currently we are in the process of using cameras in the classrooms with the monitoring system in the office. They all have sound, they all will have the capability of recording. We are in Illinois. Can you give me some language to put in the Employee Handbook and Parent Handbook that would make them aware of the camera's and their capability. The main purpose of the system is for training purposes, for parents to be able to view their children from the monitoring system in the office. Even though our corporate office will have access to viewing we are not going to have the access to the parents over the web. Once I have language we can use I will have our attorney look it over.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The language would be something like, "For safety and security of our children and staff, all classrooms will be monitored by video and audio at all times. By entering onto the property of the child care center you are agreeing to be subjected to audio and video recording while on our premises."

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the answer.

Thank you very much.