Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Attorney
Experience:  Contract questions and Incorporation questions answered.

For 7 years I have been promoting a Jazz/R&B/Funk Band that

Customer Question

For 7 years I have been promoting a Jazz/R&B/Funk Band that I occasionally perform in. We have performed at the local Annual Jazz Festival, a local College and occasionally get Lounge Gigs. We have been the featured performers on numerous occasions. One of the performers is pretty well known and we usually get an outstanding turnout. I am the promoter of the group. We would like to get higher end Gigs at Casinos and many Festivals. The booking agents are reluctant to state what they will normally pay a performer and I don’t usually ask either. I do need the correct protocol for contacting Booking agents. I have called and emailed. I do however need to put together contracts for the artists and a template to work from. I am not very interested in dealing with other artists only my Band. I also need help how to set up festival type shows. I would appreciate your help because we feel that time is of the essence. Thank you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney Arcadier replied 3 years ago.

Attorney Arcadier : The first thing you will need when contacting booking agents is a simple engagement contract. The proper protocol is to ask for a time to set up an in person meeting or phone call to start a dialogue. By setting up a specific time both you and the booking agent will have an opportunity to be ready for each other.
Attorney Arcadier : Anything to do with contracts and licensing, you should hire an attorney for assistance. To put on a festival, you should hire an entertainment consultant.