Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

I need a contract template (not sample) that needs to be signed

I need a contract template (not sample) that needs to be signed by the contractor and I (customer). They contractor is going out of business so they asked me for the full price upfront and that's fine with me as long as I have them sign the contract that they are getting paid full amount upfront and they need to deliver by the due date they promised. If they do not finish or never deliver, legal actions will be taken. I need a professional contract with all the hidden details and etc.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

A couple of questions:

Is the contractor a corporation?

Are they licensed and bonded and insured?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The guy is going out of business so he told me in order for him to get started on the project he will need the full amount up front. His doing the railing for our stair case. I don't believe he is insured or have license to do stair railing. (im not sure though)

However, He did our railing for the other side of the house which turned out great but that was last year. So this year we decided to do another railing by our stairs. So i just want a professional contract so I can have him signed just in case... I dealt with a lot of contractors and business who try ripping off people and I sure dont want me to be part of that statistic.

Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
Well, if you pay him up front - you risk his taking your money and running.

However, since you dealt with him last year and were satisfied with both his work, price, experience with the project, and want to work with him - that's about the best assurances you can get regardless of all the rest.

CONTRACT FOR SIMPLE HOME REPAIRS
, Homeowner, desires to
contract with, , Contractor, to
perform certain work on property located at :
1. Job Description
The work to be performed under this agreement consists of the following:
2. Payment Terms
In exchange for the specified work, Homeowner agrees to pay Contractor as follows (choose one and check the appropriate lines):
__ a. $ , payable upon completion of the specified work by __ cash __ check
__ b. $ , payable one half at the beginning of the specified work and one half at the
completion of the specified work by __cash __check.
__c. $ , per hour for each hour of work performed, up to a maximum of
$ , payable at the following times and in the following manner:
__d. Paid in full on before beginning the work on ______.
3. Time of Performance
The work specified in this contract shall (check the lines and provide dates):
__ begin on
__ be completed on
Time is of the essence.
4. Independent Contractor Status
It is agreed that Contractor shall perform the specified work as an independent contractor.
Contractor (check one line and provide description, if necessary):
__ maintains his or her own independent business.
__ shall use his or her own tools and equipment except:
__ shall perform the work specified in Clause 1 independent of Homeowner's supervision, being responsible only for satisfactory completion of the work.
5. License Status and Number
Contractor shall comply with all state and local licensing and registration requirements for type of activity involved in the specified work.
(Check one line and provide description)
__ Contractor's state license or registration is for the following type of work and carries the following number:
__ Contractor's local license or registration is for the following type of work and carries the following number:
__ Contractor is not required to have a license or registration for the specified work, for the following reasons:
6. Liability Waiver
If Contractor is injured in the course of performing the specified work, Homeowner shall be exempt from liability for those injuries to the fullest extent allowed by law.
7. Permits and Approvals
(Check the appropriate lines)
__ Contractor __ Homeowner shall be respnsible for determining which permits are necessary and
for obtaining the permits.
__ Contractor __ Homeowner shall pay for all state and local permits necessary for performing the
specified work.
__ Contractor __ Homeowner shall be responsible for obtaining approval from the local
homeowner's association, if required.
8. Additional Agreements and Amendments
a. Homeowner and Contractor additionally agree that:
b. All agreements between Homeowner and Contractor related to the specified work are
incorporated in this contract. Any modifications to the contract shall be in writing.
Homeowner: Dated:
Contractor: Dated:

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).
Law Pro, Attorney
Experience: 20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations