Legalease
Legalease, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience corps, LLC's and partnerships; preparation, negotiation of complex contracts and business agreements

Im starting a tshirt company but I need capital. What are

I'm starting a tshirt company but I need capital. What are some steps I can take In achieving the capital I need for my business ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 8 months ago.

Hello there

-

The first step to trying to obtain investors and/or a bank loan is to write up a business plan -- which basically sets forth your goals for the business, the amount you believe it will take to start up and run it for the first few years and your expected profit goals and margins for the first 3 to 5 years. WHen you have a written business plan you can then approach banks and credit unions to see if there is any way you can get a small business loan. If you are not familiar with how to research and pull together a business plan then you should contact the Small Business Association in your area -- there are usually chapters of the SBA in either the nearest large city to you or in your county at the county level (if you perform an online search for Small Business Association with your city and county name you should come across either a yellow page listing for them or even a website). Once you join the SBA, they have mentoring programs where they will pair you with a successful small business and/or small business manager to assist you in learning all about preparing a business plan and obtaining funding and these local SBA's typically have lists of persons who might be willing to invest in a small business with the right business plan and information. I have known a number of people who have had success by going the route of using the local SBA to assist them in starting up their companies.

-

MARY

-

Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time. I am paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating below. Pressing a positive rating below will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU

Legalease, Attorney
Experience: 14 years experience corps, LLC's and partnerships; preparation, negotiation of complex contracts and business agreements