Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations

I have a Pennsylvania corporation that was incorporated in

I have a Pennsylvania corporation that was incorporated in 1971, but has never done any business anywhere and has never filed any taxes. When I checked the Pa. Dept. of State, the corporation is listed as active. I would like to begin doing business under this corporate name. What must I do to begin operating this company?

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

You don't have to do anything but start operating the corporation.

There is a "decennial filing" that you will have to file and pay the $70 fee.

Here's a link:

But after, even before that, you can start operating the business corporation.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).